The Department is the Chief Advisor to the Council concerning planning matters and is charged with ensuring that the Department operates within the confines of the Town and Country Planning Act Cap 283. The planning process is comprehensive and also addresses both the social and economic needs of the population. The Development Planning Department presently has a staff of 8
It is expected that the stated objectives, coupled with the City’s strengths and opportunities will provide valuable guidance to the achievement of growth in all aspects of the local economy.
Director of Development Planning
In order to realise the KCC’s development objectives, development priorities were identified by local communities and the Kitwe City Council which later fed into the formulation of departmental objectives and action plans.
Our main objective as a department is to initiate and facilitate the physical and socio-economic development of the City.
Departmental Development Priorities
– To undertake monitoring and evaluation of the 2012-2016 Strategic Plan
– To ensure that all development projects comply with the provisions of the Environmental Management Act of 2011.
– To re-plan Chisokone market into a commercial venture (centre)
– To facilitate for the development of a Modern Intercity Bus Terminus
– To help identify land for the creation of a modern sanitary land fill.
– To facilitate and identify land for the process of upgrading of Informal Settlements
– Identify land for the creation of a new cemetery
– Carry out Land-use Audit
– Create a data bank for the District
– Facilitate for an NGO forum
– To coordinate the developmental projects in Kitwe and the mainstreaming of cross-cutting issues such HIV/AIDS, gender and the environment
– Undertake the Kitwe Integrated Development Plan (KIDP)
– To initiate and facilitate the design of the land bank across Kafue River (New Kitwe)
– To create a social economic database for Kitwe District
– To source land for the construction of KCC institutional houses
If you have any queries or need to contact us, please send us an email to: email@example.com
or Call: +260 212 224698